Hi There,
As some of you may know, Ellen does a show for first time expecting mothers. She invites them all to the taping of the show and shows them all the new fabulous items for babies. Anyway, they are taping on Thursday and I am dying to get in that audience.
I am realizing that I know very little about what to get for babies. I mean I was babysitting at the age of thirteen and I took great care of them, but I used what the parents had there and requested I use - I have no clue what to get when it comes to my own.
Any advice any of you can suggest would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
6 comments:
Kim-
Look up friends' registries and base your list off of that. I don't know if mine is still listed at Babies R Us and Pottery Barn Kids, but Tona's probably is. I also did a lot of reading online about reviews of baby stuff, and I bought the Consumer Reports book on baby equipment. I found all of those to be very useful. There isn't one thing that I got that I have any regrets about! Good luck!
Christiane
Hi Kim,
A few things come to mind because we relied on them so much in the first months! First, swaddling blankets really helped Garrett get to sleep in the first couple of months, when he was still flailing his arms in his sleep (which would wake him up). The swaddler also kept him warm and cozy. I used that until he was too big for the velcro to match up! You can find them at Walmart and Target.
Second, the Baby Papasan Chair was so great...I just kept it in our bathroom so I could take a shower while he hung out in the chair and listened to the soothing music. It's also easily carried from room-to-room. He often took his naps in there, when nothing else worked. And the third item was the Papasan Swing. He loved it! Again, many naps were taken in the swing when he didn't want to lay on his back. Anyway, these are just a few ideas! :)
The registry list that Babies-R-Us provides is helpful. When you bring the baby home you don't need too much and as you go you'll know better what to get(i.e. lots of trips to babies-r-us and Target). The things that made it easier for me were,
-breastfeeding pillow (boppy)
-swaddling blanket with velcro
-lots of onesies
-a good swing
-gentle wipes (we like Costco)
-all in one baby wash from Johnson
-lot's of receiving blankets
-a good breast pump! This one comes in handy!
-the book "Becoming Baby Wise". It was a helpful guide when we had questions about schedules, sleep, feeding etc...
As a certified passenger safety technician I recommend the Chicco Keyfit carseat to ALL! It is by far the best carseat out there!!!
I have a lot of other suggestions, feel free to ask. :)
If you need any help, let me know - I can definitley get you started with the basics!
Post a Comment