Saturday, April 23, 2011

Two and a half already!!!!!

Fun with washable markers

Aiden is such a bundle of energy. He loves cars both toys and the movie and is such a boy in every way. He loves to run! He could "ready, set, GO" all day long. The top of his head is at my belly button and he's HUGE as you can imagine. He still eats almost anything you put in front of him and still loves chicken and rice as his favorite meal. LOVES LOVES LOVES fruit like his Momma, but especially grapes, strawberries and bananas. We are getting closer to potty training and his language is coming along. He is really starting to get the hang of full sentences and states his wants and desires very effectively. My favorite thing he is saying right now is when you go to pick him up after sleeping he will give you a huge hug, pat you on the back and say, "Missed you Momma." It is enough to make your heart melt. I love that this kid is still a cuddler. He will snuggle as much as possible and he LOVES his little brother too.

2 1/2..... already???? People always tell you not to blink, or to soak up every minute but it's the times that you wake up and realize that your baby is no longer a baby that has been the toughest so far. Aiden will be starting preschool in the fall if you can believe that. I know that as a mother I am doing the best possible thing by working so that my kids can be covered under a group health insurance plan (Aiden doesn't qualify for an individual plan with his previous heart condition) but I just pray I don't look back on these first few years with any regret. I know I have done everything in my power and ability to be a good mom and to be there for him as much as possible and still take care of the needs of our family, but like every mother I pray it was enough. Once he starts school - that's it. He'll be a student and off to school everyday. This summer is going to be huge for me. I am not working and I will have all day every day with my boys before school starts and Aiden turns three right before Keegan turns one. YIKES!!

No comments: