Today we welcomed our son Keegan Liam Cox to the family. Three weeks earlier than expected, but we are so very happy to report that he is healthy and seems to be a very happy and content baby. He weighs 6 lbs and 14 oz and 19 inches long which seems small, but then you figure in that he was three weeks early and he's a good size. He's a good eater and the sweetest little guy. The minute we saw him we completely fell in love with him. He is just a slightly smaller version of Aiden and we can't wait for them to become best friends.
Getting ready to head into the OR
First peak at Keegan
Getting ready to meet the world
Good little grip already
Aiden was so cute when he met his brother for the first time. We had been talking about Keegan for months and he would kiss my tummy and say hi "Keena" which is how he says Keegan. My dad brought Aiden in and he was excited to see Drew and I which was a good sign that me might take this well. Drew brought him over and introduced him to his little brother and he wasn't too interested at first, he wanted to come and sit with me. In a matter of minutes we showed him Keegan again and he said hi to him and gave him a kiss. It was so precious. I think he's gonna do ok with all of this.
Waiting outside and getting a picture of his little brother
Proud and loving big brother
Here is how our morning unfolded. I woke up about 5:10 - of all things to the dog getting sick, so I woke up Drew to deal with the dog and I got up to turn on the light and I felt wet. I looked at the bed and didn't see anything so I went to the bathroom and it was blood. I absolutely panicked for a second, then took a breath and realized that Keegan was moving so I calmed down and collected myself and called the doctor. He asked me to go lay down for an hour and call him back. After about 45 minutes, I could tell that the bleeding had gotten worse and called back with the status and Dr May asked me to go right to the hospital. I asked if I could take a quick shower and the answer was "no, I'll meet you there in 15 minutes" and that made me nervous, but we grabbed Aiden and tried to pack up as much as we could - this was three weeks early so I didn't have a bag packed for Aiden, Keegan or myself and I remember getting to the bottom of the steps and looking at Drew and started crying. I looked at him and said "we aren't ready." We had just had our appointment the Friday before and Dr. May said we weren't close. Keegan was still really high and I was only a half centimeter dilated and only 50% effaced so I thought I had more time Drew gave me a hug and said that everything was going to be ok. We called my Mom to meet us at the hospital and pick up Aiden. We got to the hospital at about 6:45 and they monitored me and the baby for about 30 minutes and it was decided that the risks of not delivering Keegan were higher than the premature risk so they booked the OR and off we went. It was weird going through the c-section again under different circumstances. I didn't remember a lot of what when on and maybe that's because Aiden was such an emergency situation that time seemed to fly by. With Keegan, I felt like it took forever to get started but at 9:02am we met our sweet little Keegan. We can't wait to see all the fun he brings to our family.
Not the cutest, but the first of many family pictures
Daddy and his boys
Our entourage waiting for us
Uncle Bryce made it for Keegan’s birth too
How cute is this face?!?!?!?!?!
That's our boy


1 comment:
Oh, sweet Keegan! We love you and can't wait to meet you one day! Mom, I am so impressed with all the blogging you were able to do with a newborn! You go!
Post a Comment