Saturday, July 17, 2010

Congrats on 35 years Ga!

This past Thursday marked a very rare anniversary. My dad celebrated 35 years with his company. That's unheard of anymore. I think the longest I have worked anywhere was 4 years - I had relationships last longer than that. They threw him a nice luncheon and brought back a lot of the people that he had worked with that were retired for his special day. The company is global and with offices on every continent and him visiting, I would venture to say most of them.... needless to say he has done some traveling in his day, seen several wonders of the world and met a lot of fantastic people along the way. They put together a phenomenal scrapbook with 35 years of memories, stories, pictures and of course "Ford-isms." My dad may be know for a catch phrase or two and the people that have been working the closest to him the longest started writing down these little gems many years ago. This book is priceless and something that he will enjoy and cherish for the rest of his life. Dad has a couple of more years left before retirement and if that was a 35th anniversary celebration, I can't wait to see his retirement party!



I had a shirt made for Aiden that read "Congrats on 35 years Ga!" which is what he calls my dad and Aiden and I crashed the end of the luncheon to surprise Ga and let him show off his grandson which is his favorite thing to do :). Congratulations again Dad on this huge accomplishment.


No comments: