Caleb Jones made his entrance into the world yesterday after an intense night of labor for Helen. We were very glad to hear that everything worked out for the best and both Mom and baby are doing very well. As you can see he is already sporting his Scarlett's rugby ball! I got a call from my mom and you could literally hear the smile on her face. So that makes two grandsons now for Grandpa Ned and Grandma Julie (Jacob and Caleb) that are 2 months apart. How fun is that going to be for them growing up together!?!?!?!?! Our muffin will be right in the mix but a half a world away :( I see many trips in our future :) We had another appointment yesterday and the infamous ultrasound to determine the baby's size.... wait for it........yup, with 2 weeks(ish) to go the baby is already weighing in between 7lbs 7oz and 7lbs 10oz. The doctor also told me that there has not been any progress in the dilation, but the baby's head is very low. I'm afraid we are in for the long haul here. The tech wasn't even able to get the full image of some of the baby's body to fit on her screen. She also said that the baby has long legs and long arms - which thrilled Drew to no end. Baby takes after Mama in that area - Finally!! That and the fact that we are convinced this kid is going to be a redhead. As you can see from the 4D ultrasound though, the child looks nothing like me or so it would seem. The head is in the 90th percentile already and I think at this point I am in denial. We had a child birthing class on Saturday and as excited as I am to have this pregnancy end soon - SOOOOOOOOOO not looking forward to the actual ending!! I am going to walk into the hospital and utter one word and one word only....epidural!!!
The good news is that now that I am on leave I have been able to get a lot of things done - still have a lot to do, but I'm getting there. We'll post some pictures later of the additions that have been made to the nursery. It's really coming along.
3 comments:
Sounds like you are making progress, and you never know what could happen - you may just suddenly start dilating really quickly!? I was told (and I'd like to believe it) that they will gain AT MOST 1/2 pound per week - so see, that will puts you just under 9 pounds. At least you aren't at 10 pounds or something right now.
Also, my mom pointed out to me that the misery we feel now is probably nature's way of motivating us to get through the actual delivery!
Keep cleaning and doing things to keep yourself busy :)
You're almost there Kim! Hang in there!
Kim-
Don't let that picture deceive you - I had just pulled the shirt down so that it appeared to really fit and cover my ever-so-large belly! :) I'm going to guess you are having a boy - if your shirts don't fit that well. I carried Gabe much lower (well and he was 2 pounds bigger than Lucy), but I don't remember having so many clothing issues with her! If you can't tell by the way I wrote this - HE is here. Check out our blog :)
Hang in there!!!! We are thinking about you guys lots and you are next!
Post a Comment