My doctor laughs at how not "normal" my pregnancy is. Today was no exception. In the last 24 hours I had noticed a decrease in fetal movement frequency and intensity, but was still feeling the baby move. So- I called my doctor's office to find out who was on call for the weekend and at what point I should be alarmed - they said now and we need you to come in for an ultrasound to check the baby's movement, heart rate and the amount of amniotic fluid I had. They also wanted to do a stress test. All I wanted to know was who was on call and the next thing I find myself off to the hospital for all these tests.
Anyway, to make a long story short - it turns out that the baby has moved into a breach position and is facing backwards which means that all of the movements are on the inside and why I am not feeling them much at all. I have about 4 weeks for the baby to decide to move back into the right position before it pretty much runs out of room to move at all.
So that was our afternoon. Never a dull moment for this Cox family.
We'll keep you posted. :)
1 comment:
Kim-
I have to laugh because I had the same thing happen with Lucy! I mentioned to the dr that I wasn't feeling her move as much, but explained that I wasn't all that concerned. Silly me! Before I knew it, I was off to a room with an ultrasound and hooked up to monitors myself - she was moving a plenty, but I wasn't feeling it.
I hope that your little one turns back around in the next few weeks, but if not, you know you will get to meet him/her in some fashion! Keep feeling good! Only NINE weeks to go!! I'm really hoping that Mr. Gabe holds on for those 9 weeks :)
-Christiane
Post a Comment