Thursday, August 14, 2008

Latest on the Baby Front

Or as I am calling it now..... Birthgate 2008. Let's go "In the Situation Room" - blah blah blah :)

On a more serious note, we did have our Monthly Dr. Apt today and with our doctor on vacation we met with another doctor in the practice. I have had trouble walking and getting out of breath quickly more lately and I have learned to deal with it. I pick routs that I know I can sit down on and don't overdue it. So we get to the office and get all checked in and we wait (which is normal) So we sit there for a little bit and I am feeling pretty good - we watched some of the Olympics on TV and I am not thinking about anything. I usually don't because I never get nervous at these appointments. My name gets called and we walk down the hall and into the room like always. She goes to take my blood pressure and it's 189/86 - So beyond higher than my normal blood pressure. So I think it was the long walk down the hall and she goes to take it again after the appointment and it comes down a little but not enough. So I get to go back in a week to take another stab at that one.

Our favorite part of the appointment was when she was measuring me and she gets this look on her face and all she can say is, "Oh, Ok, you are measuring on the bigger side" I started to laugh because obviously she had never seen me as a patient before - we have known that this baby was huge, but it was the realization of it on her face that cracked me up.

We are pretty convinced that this baby is coming early. We'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

Christiane said...

Hang in there Kim - not much longer! I hope your appointment goes well this week. Would you like some of my nasty drugs? It does lower your BP :) KIDDING.

Sarah said...

Hi there! Thinking of you and hoping you're feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha... "Live... in the situation room!". I miss those days! Hope you're doing great.

-Kristina