Saturday, April 12, 2008

Drew's Birthday week

So my very sweet husband turned 32 this week... and yet I got the gifts. Explain to me how that happens. Drew knows that I have been feeling terrible so this week he decided to bring me flowers to try to put a smile on my face and it worked. He also bought me a U shaped body pillow to help me sleep well, because I really don't - how great is he? In return I tried not to get sick on his birthday or the day that he decided to have dinner with some friends and yeah, neither attempt was successful. Sorry honey.

On Wednesday - His actual birthday, I did manage to surprise him at his staff meeting and bring goodies to share with everyone. Later that night I asked him if he could eat anything what would he want and he responded... Sushi. If anyone knows me, they know that I won't go near sushi even if I am not pregnant. If I don't eat cooked fish what makes you think that I would eat it raw??? So, we decided on a Japanese Steakhouse so that he could get his sushi and so that I could eat real food :) Then on Friday night we made the all too traditional stop at Fuddrucker's with some people that could make it. He had a great time and that's all that mattered :)

He had a good birthday week - I got spoiled and I am still feeling sick...that's our week in a nutshell.

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

Kim, I'm so sorry that you are feeling so ill still! I remember that icky feeling. I got sick almost everyday for four months. Hopefully you will feel better soon. (if you don't I can give you my friend Marina's # she has a special pregnancy anti-nausea concoction that she swears by."
Happy birthday Drew!! I remember having some kind of argument with you when we were like 4 about who was older. You won by two months! =0)

Amy Barron said...

Have you tried eating bananas? decaf peppermint tea? 50mg of B6 can help with nausea as well. Are you still taking prenatals? A lot of times those can make the nausea worse. Talk to your doc about only taking folic acid for awhile, it may help. LOVE you!

Anonymous said...

Kim!

Oh my...just reading all your comments. You poor thing. That is really hard to go through, especially when you are trying to get excited about it all. As you may know, you are not alone. There are others that have gone up to their third trimester with illness. You are doing all the right things and you have a great attitude considering what you are dealing with. Eating lightly throughout the day is the best way to go, because you want to keep the sugar in your blood steady. If it's too high or too low, this may make you feel worse.

The suggestions I have that some of the women in my classes are talking about are mostly homeopathic remedies, but could work. Ginger tea is great!Sepia, Nux Vomica, Pulsitilla, and Ipecacuanha. Crazy names and some very fitting. I would check with you doctor before getting these things, but they could work. You can find them at most Vitamin or health food stores. Vitamin B6 is definitely good. Also accupuncture is supposed to be amazing and a great way to relieve your stresses. Worth a shot! Be sure to talk to you doctor about all this too. I do not have the ability to prescribe remedies YET! Hee hee. Take care! Congratulations to you and Drew. Hope the little one comes out dancing!