Thursday, March 29, 2012

2012 has already been heartbreaking!

Over the last few years Drew and I have become a lot closer to our next door neighbors James and Sarah and their daughter Lily who is one of Aiden's favorite people. Super Bowl Sunday we woke up to firetrucks and ambulances in front of the house. As I saw them run in to James and Sarah's house my heart sunk. As fast as they came, a lot of them left and I knew that was a really bad sign. Drew was gone to watch a friend run the Huntington Beach Marathon. The next thing I knew, the coroner's van pulled up. I had seen Sarah so that could only mean it was James. I burst into tears and called Drew and we both cried on the phone for a few minutes. I pulled myself together and did the only think I could think of, I went next door and just hugged Sarah and cried with her. This is going to be a rough road but we will be here always for Sarah and Lily. James would have wanted it that way. Rest in peace James. We only regret not getting to know you sooner. Until we meet again, friend.

1 comment:

mary said...

I am so sorry Drew and Kim and I know you will be a big support for your neighbor>
M