Saturday, May 7, 2011

We have a 2 1/2 year old and a 6 month old!!


Wow, how times flies. These kids are growing up so fast that it almost makes me sad. It makes us question if we will stop at two or not but in the mean time, we are having the time of our lives with these two. We couldn't ask for more fun than these we've had in the past 2+ years.

They love each other so much!

Aiden Jonathan at 2 1/2

Aiden is an active and amazing kid. He's sharp as a tack and will come up with some of the funniest or clever things I have ever heard and to be honest, I was worried about his language development and it wasn't that he wasn't picking up the language but rather that Drew and I were pretty much the only people that would pick up some of the words he was saying. That said, the thought process is completely there! All of his I and My statements are always used correct, he asks and answers all "wh" questions correctly and he'll tell you all about his day in the best way he can but we need to work on pronunciation I think. He cracks us up on a daily basis with some of the things that come out of his mouth. My recent favorite is when I get home from work Aiden will yell with delight and say, "Momma, you're back!" That always makes my day. The other one I love is when he does something and is proud of himself he'll say, "I did it!" I love his self-esteem and optimism. If I say, "Let me see you Aiden, " he'll reply, "Handsome Boy." When he sees Keegan he will give him a kiss and say, "Oh Keegan, you're so cute." We also realized we need to really start watching what we say around him because he LOVES repeating what he hears. The other day the dog barked and all of a sudden Aiden yelled, "FIFA, shut-up!" :( Not my proudest moment as a parent but no one is perfect. Other than that, he is still active as ever and Daddy is pretty excited as it seems we have a little soccer player on our hands, Anytime Aiden gets his hands on a ball, he sets it down and kicks it....and pretty darn good I might add. We can't wait to get him into sports. He's surprisingly coordinated and has really good balance. Aside from being active ALL THE TIME, he is really truly a great kid that brings endless joy to us.

Keegan Liam at 6 months

Then we have our sweet little Keegster. He really couldn't be more opposite and more alike his brother all that the same time. Keegan is such a happy child just like his brother. He's very vocal like Aiden is, but Keegan is the observer and Aiden is the doer. Keegan's favorite thing is to watch Aiden run around and then laugh and smile at him. Keegan has so much fun watching him run around like a chicken with his head cut off. Keegan also has THE BEST laugh ever! So, Keegs is 6 months and you know what that means....FOOD!! This kid was so ready for food. This is one of the big differences between the boys. Aiden wasn't a fan but Keegan absolutely LOVED his first taste of food. Keegan has an infectious smile and laugh and he is just the sweetest and cutest thing. When I was pregnant with Keegan and wondered how I could love anything as much as I love Aiden, everyone told me that you just do and man were they right. The idea that I could love both of them as much as I do.

Ready for his first bite

Hey, this isn't half bad

I LOVE FOOD

And my highchair

Best smile!!

No comments: