Saturday, January 22, 2011

Are you smarter than a 2 year old?

To spank or not to spank...that is the question. Drew and I decided well before Aiden was born that if the situation called for it that we would spank our children - we were both spanked and we aren't scared for life because of it and have amazing relationships with our parents. We would decide together what those situations were and how we would handle them.......

Fast forward 2 1/2 years to our 2 year old little redhead and I love him to death but there are days when I could drop kick him a mile (with love of course) Needless to say that spanking didn't work and there was no way I was going to hit him as hard as I would need to to get a reaction out of him so, both of our parents had other modes of spanking then their hand. We agreed on a wooden spoon and Drew only had to spank him once and Aiden got the idea. Aiden stepped off the curb into the street after MANY reminders and redirection attempts. Drew showed him the spoon told him he was going to spank him and why (didn't do it hard but was enough to get his attention) and gave him a hug and told him he loved him after. NOW you can show him the spoon and ask him if he want's a spanking and he will shape right up. Mission Accomplished!

Fast forward again to a week ago and Aiden found the spoon on the couch, put it behind his back (thinking I didn't see him) and went up to his playroom and hid it behind his playhouse - little stinker. I then asked him to bring me the spoon and he looks at me, puts his arms in the air and says, "huh, I no see poon" while shaking his head, Nice try kiddo Mamma is still smarter than you.....this week :) Let's hope Keegan catches on to the program without having to get spanked.

No comments: