Monday, February 16, 2009

Someone slept in his crib for the first time.....


That's right - Our little boy reminds us daily that he is growing up and last night was his first night out of the bassinet in our room and in his crib in his own room!!

Drew has to get up every morning at 5am for work and when Aiden was going down late and then getting up for his feeding, it didn't leave Drew with much time to sleep - so after a night of giving him a break and taking Aiden into the guestroom and sleeping in the big bed with me (yes I know you shouldn't do that but stay with me here people) anyway, it seemed that Aiden slept so much better in a bigger bed. So, after testing this theory out another night it became clear that Aiden moves around a lot in his sleep and he would turn into the walls of the bassinet and that would wake him up. That said, last night we bit the bullet and moved him into his own room.

Now, mommy and daddy had two different views on this one. Daddy was excited to see that his son was getting bigger and moving into his crib and mommy was sad that he was leaving our room!! :( There was something very special about all of us in the same room together and after all the hospital stays - it just seemed normal to all be together. I know all you moms out there know exactly what I mean! But, with the help of modern technology in the form of our video monitor - not too many tears were shed.



OK, so I cheated and took the picture with his afternoon nap today instead of last night, but you get the idea! He actually slept from 10pm, woke up at 4:30 and took a bottle for 15 minutes and slept till 8am!!

"Spy Cam"
Video monitor mounted on the wall above his crib

"Surveillance Point"
Small little monitor to the right is where I watched him from....for most of the night!
Daddy and Aiden slept great! Mommy on the other hand.....not so much. First night down - rest of his life to go......sigh....

5 comments:

Gabree ella said...

Hi Friends!

I ventured waaaaay back to your first post earlier today, and laughed out loud at your 2007 statement of "We have a big year ahead of us!"

I'm so grateful that you've chosen to share your wonderful big years/and bigger lives with us (the people that love you). I know I certainly have "enjoyed your randomness :)."

Thank God for Aiden, and thank God for both of you!

(...and your jobs too, thank God for those.)

mary said...

Congratulations! Another milestone. I know it is hard but sleep feels so good.

Gaynor said...

Dear Kim and Drew,
It was great to hear all the news and we are so thrilled that Aiden is on the mend and that your jobs are going well. I've kept up with much of the news through Mum and Dad. It was lovely to see them recently but we were so sorry to have missed you. You were all in the middle of post operative stress at that point! In fact we got a text from Cheryl to say that Aiden was at that moment undergoing surgery, as we were descending out of the Sequoia national Park on our way to Big Bear and we just prayed for you all in the car. We are so thankful that you are all on the upward path now.
We will certainly catch up next time we're over - wouldn't miss it for the world. Hope Aiden likes his little French suits! We'll send one now and again.
Lots of love to you all
Gaynor and Geoffrey

The Koenig Family said...

WHY is your child so freakin' adorable and delicious?!?!?! I LOVE HIM SO MUCH IT HURTS!!!!! We miss you Booshie...can't wait to see you again soon.
MWAH! Auntie Skeeze, Rich and Punky

Joe Bartels said...

Sigh...I wish Gabe would sleep in a crib. We're still trying to break him of the bouncy chair.