Aiden was 2 weeks old on Tuesday and he came home this time last week. This week has flown by and to be honest with you, if it weren't for Dr. Appts - we would have no clue what day it is. :)
This week has been an adjustment for sure. We have a good night followed by a bad one or vice versa. We pay close attention to his breathing pattern and food consumption, we take turns staying up on his bad nights. We are still learning what his cries mean and we have been hearing them more and more. Then there are times that he just wants to cry for a few hours at a time. Even after all that it takes one little smile from that precious face every thing that we have been through seems completely worthwhile.
Aiden had his first pediatrician's appointment since being home. Dr. K was very much involved in Aiden's treatments in the NICU and it makes us feel so comfortable that he is well aware of the struggles and challenges that he has been through. Aiden is in the 90th percentile in height and weight and getting stronger everyday.
We'll post pictures of Halloween as soon as possible. :)
Till Then....
3 comments:
Oh, I'm glad he's doing so well! I remember those sleepless/little sleep nights... they will be over before you know it. But in the mean time take plenty of naps when he does!
Each week will get easier - I promise! I remember that 6 weeks and then 3 months were major milestone for Lucy. I am excited to see if next week (6 weeks) brings any relief with Gabe :) At the same time, I don't want to wish away these precious newborn/infant days!
Christiane
ummm...wanting more Aiden stories...
Post a Comment