Ok, so with the possibility looming that we may never be able to have a baby without help...I always thought that if and when it happened - I would LOVE every minute of being pregnant and try to live in the moment. Yea, not so much. I'm at the point where I am trying to make the best of it. Just when I think I have liked the whole morning sickness thing, I wake up and get sick.... I feel like God is up there laughing at me going, "you asked for it" :) We are well into our 6th month and I still feel nauseous and dizzy daily. I've got the nose bleeds going and the extreme fatigue is in high gear...I thought I was supposed to start feeling better. If there is one thing that Drew and I have learned is that if the book suggests it - we are going to be the exact opposite.
It's already in the 90's and is only predicted to get hotter. My three most uncomfortable months are going to be spent during the hottest time of the year... what was I thinking. We wanted to go to Yosemite with Drew's parents in July and my Dr. vetoed it.. which was probably for the best. It's going to be a long summer and I already find myself jealous of my cousins that are due before us :)
Don't get me wrong, I am SOOO grateful to be pregnant, but to all those women that LOVE being pregnant - more power to ya. I'm trying to love it but am finding it hard at the moment. We went to our last Dr. apt. last Thursday and I gained 4 lbs which he was very happy about. But again, if something is supposed to be happening or is "normal" - it's not me. They told us that we need to start counting the baby's movements and you should be able to count 10 movements in 1 hour. HA! I can feel 10 movements in 10 minutes. Drew predicts this is a sign of things to come and we are going to have to find something productive to get out all of the baby's energy as soon as it's born or we are in trouble.
We go back to the Dr in about 3 weeks for my glucose test. Let's just hope that I can keep the sugar water down......that didn't work so well the last time they asked me to drink something.
More ramblings to come.......
3 comments:
Oh, Kim. So sorry to hear. I wish you were loving it too. And pray the next few months go by fast!!
Oops. I meant I'll pray the next few months go by fast.
Hi, Kim, It's Grandma. I'm finally figuring out how to manuever around your blog. Stay patient, sweet one, and in a few more months, you will have that precious baby in your arms...
and all the problems you are going though will be forgotten, as you will be so excited that your new baby has arrived. I will call it "
Sweet Cheeks" until it is here.
Hang in there,
Love, hugs, and kisses, Grandma Kay and Grandpa Leon
Post a Comment